The Central Election Commission (CEC) announced the final results of the European Parliament election, held in Bulgaria on May 26. The voter turnout is 32.64 per cent. GERB garnered the most votes - 31.07 per cent, followed by BSP for Bulgaria - 24.26 per cent. The Movement for Rights and Freedoms ranks third with 16.55 per cent, followed by VMRO - 7.36 per cent, and Democratic Bulgaria - 6.06 per cent. CEC distributes the 17 MEP seats for Bulgaria as follows: six seats for GERB, five seats for the Socialists, three for MRF, two for VMRO and one seat for Democratic Bulgaria.
The distribution of all valid votes in the EP elections is as follows:
- Patriots for Valeri Simeonov - 22,242 votes (1.15 per cent);
- Pat na Mladite [Prospects for Youth] (2 parties: National Movement for Stability and Upsurge (NDSV) and The New Time Party) - 21,315 votes (1.09 per cent);
- VMRO - Bulgarian National Movement - 143,830 votes (7.36 per cent);
- Initiative Committee for Vanya Grigorovoa (independent candidate) - 9,320 votes (0.48 per cent);
- Greens Party - 6,051 votes (0.31 per cent);
- партия на Зелените - 6051 гласа /0.31 на сто/;
- VOLT - 3,500 votes (0.18 per cent);
- Initiative Committee for Nikolay Nenchev (independent candidate) - 4,222 votes (0.22 per cent);
- Initiative Committee for Venislava Atanassova (independent candidate) - 2,925 votes (0.15 per cent);
- Vuzhod [Advance] - 1,855 votes (0.09 per cent);
- Coalition for Bulgaria - 16,759 (0.86 per cent);
- Initiative Committee for Dessislava Ivancheva (independent candidate) - 30,310 votes (1.55 per cent);
- GERB - 607,194 votes (31.07 per cent);
- Democratic Bulgaria - Unity (Yes Bulgaria Movement and Democrats for Strong Bulgaria) - 118,484 votes (6.06 per cent);
- ATAKA - 20,906 votes (1.07 per cent);
- Initiative Committee for Mincho Hristov Kuminev (independent candidate) - 22,992 votes (1.18 per cent);
- DOST - 7,130 votes (0.36 per cent);
- Direct Democracy - 2,425 votes (0.12 per cent);
- BSP for Bulgaria - 474,160 votes (24.26 per cent);
- People's Voice - 6,136 votes (0.31 per cent);
- MRF - 323,510 votes (16.55 per cent);
- Zaedno [Together] Movement - 3,731 votes (0.19 per cent);
- Bulgarian National Unity - 2,370 votes (0.12 per cent);
- VOLYA - The Bulgarian Patriots - 70,830 votes (3.62 per cent);
- Movement 21 - 4,141 votes (0.21 per cent);
- Initiative Committee for Hristo Simeonov (independent candidate) - 3,548 votes (0.18 per cent);
- Reload Bulgaria Movement - 3,907 votes (0.20 per cent);
- Vazrazhdane - 20,319 votes (1.04 per cent).
A total of 61,029 voters chose the "I do not support anyone" option in their ballots.
There were a total of 6,288,656 eligible voters for the May 26 EP elections, according to the lists presented to the Section Election Commissions, CEC reported.
A total of 90,038 additional eligible voters were entered into the electoral registers on election day.
A total of 2,095,575 eligible voters have exercised their right to vote, according to the number of signatures in voter registries, including the additional entries. Paper ballots were used by 1,936,604 voters, while 158,967 took advantage of the machine voting option.